Skip to main content

Why I Don’t Want Endorsements From Obasanjo, Babangida Unlike Some Other Candidates – Sowore, AAC Presidential Candidate

The presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC), Omoyele Sowore has stated reasons why he is not running after past Nigerian leaders to seek their endorsements.

In a video Sowore shared on Twitter on Tuesday, the activist said he needs endorsements but rather from the oppressed and the masses and not from questionable characters.

Paraphrasing Bob Marley’s song, Real Situation, Sowore described total liberation as the only solution for Nigeria.

He said in the video, “Of course, I want to win as the President of Nigeria but it is not about my ambition, it is about the poor hovering around in pains and anguish in their hundreds, millions sleeping in agony over insecurities, hunger and starvation.

“Of course, I need plenty of endorsements but I won’t be able to take that of Olusegun Obasanjo who had over 12 years as President but had nothing but barbarism to show for it. What will I tell the people of Odi and Zaki Biam? That the rogue that massacred them is now my mentor? Or what will I tell the memories of journalists Dele Giwa or Kato that the drug dealer known as Maradona (Ibrahim Babangida) is now one of my godfathers? Mba, my people.

“I would rather be endorsed by the very masses who have no billions of naira but are in their millions. I would rather be endorsed by the oppressed who bear the brunt of this vulcanizer economy that we have today, that have been imposed on our people, that have brought untold hardships and poverty.

“I would rather be endorsed by the comrades of Anti-SAP, those who fought during June 12, Anti-Deregulation and recently those who fought during EndSARS. Those whose beloved heroes were those of Lekki and Orlu. I would rather be endorsed by the Northern Talakawa who live at the behest of Boko Haram, bandits and ISWAP.”

He noted that some of his fellow candidates “are desperate to be endorsed by the enemies of our people”.

Here, the video shows Obasanjo telling an audience why he did not endorse the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, to succeed him. Atiku was the Vice-President when Obasanjo was Nigeria’s President from 1999 to 2007.

Obasanjo instead supported Umaru Yar’Adua, who went on to succeed but later died in office.

“With what I know about Atiku, if I had put Atiku forward, God would not have forgiven me,” Obasanjo said in the video, which was immediately followed by a clip of Peter Obi, Labour Party presidential candidate, saying, “Atiku is my leader, my boss and a senior brother.”

“But am I desperate? Yes, very desperate,” Sowore continued.

“I’m desperate for free and quality education at all levels. I’m very desperate but for free and quality healthcare at all levels. I say I’m very desperate to stop the greedy rogues and return our commonwealth to the very people from whom it was looted. Omoyele Sowore is very desperate; yes, for the total liberation of our country, Nigeria and by extension, Africa. We can’t continue like this.”

Politics News AddThis :  Original Author :  saharareporters, new york Disable advertisements : 

from Politics https://ift.tt/pI8jec4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Official 'All Eyes On Me' Lyrics by Niniola

Niniola Lyrics "All Eyes On Me" is Niniola 's second music release of the year 2023, check out the song's lyrics below and sing along. PLAY & LISTEN TO: All Eyes On Me by Niniola Intro Nini De Verse 1 Ma kesekese wa sinu party yi now Ma kesekese wa sinu party yi now Tori boucner wa leyin 'le kun wa ti ri Chorus All eyes on me when I enter the party oh e All eyes on me when I enter the party e (All eyes on me) Ma kesekese wa sinu party yi now Mo ni ma rin gbere gbere wa sinu party yi now Post-Chorus Won gbe, wan gba Morire gba Mo ni won gbe (won gbe), wan gba (gba gba gba gba) Mo ri re gba Mo ri re Mo ri re gba Mo ri re gba Hmmm mo ri re gba Verse 2 T'elese tin j'oye T'elese tin j'oye Hmmm mo rire Mo ri re gba T'elese tin j'oye T'elese tin j'oye Hmmm mo rire Mo rire gba All eyes on me Won fe le mo mi They never seen this kind of grace wey I carry They never seen this Mo ri ra goli Mo ti ra '...

Check Out All 38 2022/2023 Premier League Matches For Chelsea FC

Here are all the 38 premier league matches Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea FC would play in the 2022/2023 football season. As concerns on how well Chelsea FC would do in the 2022/2023 Premier League season rises, here are all the matches Thomas Tuchel’s men would play as the new season kicks off on Friday, August 5, 2022. What Is The First Chelsea Premier League Game? The first premier league game for Chelsea would be against a Frank Lampard led Everton side on Saturday the 6th of August 2022. Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea would be looking to make an impact in their first fixture and Frank Lampard’s side would be looking to escape relegation. When Do Chelsea Play Liverpool FC? Chelsea would square off against Liverpool on the 18th of September 2022, this would be an uphill task for Thomas Tuchel’s men as they would be looking not to slip up and secure all three points. Liverpool would also take no chances as their focus would also be to secure all three points against a Thomas Tuchel ...

Checkout The Price Of Davido's Limited Edition Virgil Abloh Maybach S680 Car

Davido took to his social media to unveil his latest purchase Virgil Abloh Maybach S680, which is a limited edition car, and many have asked how much this car costs. Multiple award-winning singer and performer, Davido, who is currently in Dubai, took to his social media platform today, Thursday, April 27, 2023, to share a video of his newly acquired Virgil Abloh Maybach S680 car. The Virgil Abloh Maybach S680 is a limited edition car with only 150 made, many have asked questions about how much the car costs, and it was revealed that a unit of the car costs approximately 500,000 to 600,000 dollars. Equivalent to naira, Davido's Virgil Abloh Maybach S680 costs over 250 million naira today; it is only deserving for the singer who has dominated 2023 so far to enjoy such a car as a reward for his labour. Davido is estimated by Forbes to make over 20 million dollars in 2023 alone following the successful release of his fourth studio album 'Timeless,' and it is definitely not ...