Skip to main content

Official 'Angel' Lyrics by Little Simz

Little Simz Lyrics

'Angel' is the introductory track on Little Simz's new album, NO THANK YOU, read the official lyrics to 'Angel' below and sing along.

Official Angel Lyrics by Little Simz
Little Simz

Little Simz - Angel Lyrics

Verse 1
Never cared 'bout being immortalized
How can I stand with the opps and not with the tribe?
They sell you a dream and then want you to glorify
Got a rude awakening by ignoring up all the signs
Why did I give you the keys to authorize shit on my behalf?
Now I'm scarred and mortified
What did I expect from those living the corporate life?
Unfortunately, honesty isn't normalized
Had to get my shit together and get organized
If your hand's in my pockets, I'm calling up all the guys
Though, I don't wanna be the reason of more divide
Guess that's in my nature of being a water sign
I'm sort of like
Nothing is making sense in my awkward mind
Give me your ears to lend me for the night
Shooting in the dark, guess I never saw the light
Revoke access, I'm running it back, yes
Missing opportunities, I wish I was that pressed
Yeah, I say that shit with my damn chest
You need me and you feel the loss of my absence
The novelty wears oft after a few years
After a few tears from challenging new fears
Learning everything I didn't on the come up
We was too busy making music till the sun up
Every day through the summer
Didn't learn the business and now I'm ducking for cover
What a fuck up
Might just leave a bad taste thinking I'm a sucker
Come up out my damn face, nigga, did I stutter?
It's gon' be a sad case if you see my brothers
I can see how an artist can get tainted, frustrated
They don't care if your mental is on the brink of something dark
As long as you're cutting somebody's payslip
And sending their kids to private school in a spaceship
Yeah, I refuse to be on a slave ship
Give me all my masters and lower your wages
Huh, what I'm bringing to the table is more than a feast for the belly of the beast
Didn't know I'm dropping something heavy for the streets
Fuck the politics, I'm going Meghan on you neeks
I need the best seats in the house
When the truth unfolds, it's gonna be one hell of a scene
Harry listening from Heaven on repeat
He was backing it when nobody believed
"Play the game, play the game," is what they scream
You can play the game, I don't see the need, no

Chorus
Feel so alive
I woke up and I prayed for a sign
I know good things take time
God sent me you as an angel
When you're alone
The little thoughts that nobody knows
Hardest thing to do was stay strong
I knew I needed an angel

Verse 2
My Saturn return in effect
Life doesn't come with presets
My frequency's seamless
They want you give more, expect you to dream less
Got me confessing all my secrets
You ain't the only one under deep stress
Please don't take my kindness for a weakness
Get G checked for your disrespect
Perception and observation is clinical
More headspace, I've been shaving off my occipital
They say you can't hate who you don't love
And they say love is unconditional
I'm ready to do the unthinkable
Fuck rules and everything that's traditional
Giving your heart to someone might just leave you in a something, something

Chorus
Feel so alive
I woke up and I prayed for a sign
I know good things take time
God sent me you as an angel
When you're alone
The little thoughts that nobody knows
Hardest thing to do was stay strong
I knew I needed an angel
An angel

Verse 3
How you go against the same system you were colonized by?
Brother, your whole ting compromised
Having these conversations with self and nobody else
Thinking they don't understand my thinking when I socialize
I need a angel with me for armor
I need accountability, partner
I know that all these blessings are karma
I need a fire lit by the seaside
Purest manuka up in my beehive
Give me a second and let the beat ride
Is there a golden key to the sweet life?
I don't know what's got into me
But at least I'm making time for self and not others when I got free time
New woman, don't tell me I shouldn't just because you couldn't
They say, "Don't you give up too much of the truth to 'em"
Well, I got nine more songs in the boot for 'em
Figure this is the moment, I gotta speak now
Head high, back straight, feet down
Posture going crazy
Had to stand tall while they were trying to break me
Fuck that, you niggas didn't make me
And I say you will never infiltrate me
Dim my light? Are you crazy?
Yo, we two worlds apart, you know, lady, lady, lady
Flo and I coming like DeNiro and Scorsese
Stop trying to box me in, there's no way you can place me
Hit 'em with a classic then I got a little lazy
Had to get a pen when I remembered that I'm JAY-Z
Had to cut you off because I found out you were snaky
I got angels guiding my steps, guarding my life from now until death
Perspective is everything and I wonder what they see
Hurt people hurt people, I get it, but don't play me
My Saturn return in effect
Life doesn't come with presets
My frequency's seamless
So, please don't take my kindness for a weakness
'Cause I got angels

Liked 'Angel' Lyrics by Little Simz? Read Other Latest Music Lyrics Here

Get Fresh updates as they drop via Twitter and Facebook

The post Official 'Angel' Lyrics by Little Simz appeared first on NotjustOk.



from NotjustOk https://notjustok.com/mp3-songs/lyrics/angel-lyrics-by-little-simz/>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Official 'All Eyes On Me' Lyrics by Niniola

Niniola Lyrics "All Eyes On Me" is Niniola 's second music release of the year 2023, check out the song's lyrics below and sing along. PLAY & LISTEN TO: All Eyes On Me by Niniola Intro Nini De Verse 1 Ma kesekese wa sinu party yi now Ma kesekese wa sinu party yi now Tori boucner wa leyin 'le kun wa ti ri Chorus All eyes on me when I enter the party oh e All eyes on me when I enter the party e (All eyes on me) Ma kesekese wa sinu party yi now Mo ni ma rin gbere gbere wa sinu party yi now Post-Chorus Won gbe, wan gba Morire gba Mo ni won gbe (won gbe), wan gba (gba gba gba gba) Mo ri re gba Mo ri re Mo ri re gba Mo ri re gba Hmmm mo ri re gba Verse 2 T'elese tin j'oye T'elese tin j'oye Hmmm mo rire Mo ri re gba T'elese tin j'oye T'elese tin j'oye Hmmm mo rire Mo rire gba All eyes on me Won fe le mo mi They never seen this kind of grace wey I carry They never seen this Mo ri ra goli Mo ti ra '...

Check Out All 38 2022/2023 Premier League Matches For Chelsea FC

Here are all the 38 premier league matches Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea FC would play in the 2022/2023 football season. As concerns on how well Chelsea FC would do in the 2022/2023 Premier League season rises, here are all the matches Thomas Tuchel’s men would play as the new season kicks off on Friday, August 5, 2022. What Is The First Chelsea Premier League Game? The first premier league game for Chelsea would be against a Frank Lampard led Everton side on Saturday the 6th of August 2022. Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea would be looking to make an impact in their first fixture and Frank Lampard’s side would be looking to escape relegation. When Do Chelsea Play Liverpool FC? Chelsea would square off against Liverpool on the 18th of September 2022, this would be an uphill task for Thomas Tuchel’s men as they would be looking not to slip up and secure all three points. Liverpool would also take no chances as their focus would also be to secure all three points against a Thomas Tuchel ...

Checkout The Price Of Davido's Limited Edition Virgil Abloh Maybach S680 Car

Davido took to his social media to unveil his latest purchase Virgil Abloh Maybach S680, which is a limited edition car, and many have asked how much this car costs. Multiple award-winning singer and performer, Davido, who is currently in Dubai, took to his social media platform today, Thursday, April 27, 2023, to share a video of his newly acquired Virgil Abloh Maybach S680 car. The Virgil Abloh Maybach S680 is a limited edition car with only 150 made, many have asked questions about how much the car costs, and it was revealed that a unit of the car costs approximately 500,000 to 600,000 dollars. Equivalent to naira, Davido's Virgil Abloh Maybach S680 costs over 250 million naira today; it is only deserving for the singer who has dominated 2023 so far to enjoy such a car as a reward for his labour. Davido is estimated by Forbes to make over 20 million dollars in 2023 alone following the successful release of his fourth studio album 'Timeless,' and it is definitely not ...